Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gmail Tips

I know, this post has nothing to do with mainframes, but I just thought I would pass this around in case anyone finds it useful.

I've started using my gmail id very frequently because of all the good features it offers. However there are a few things that is missing from gmail. One of them is, you cannot sort the emails by Name, Subject, etc. But I found a way to do something to achieve similar results. Being a search giant, google seems to handle emails like another search item.

To sort on label (folder) "DB2", type label:DB2 in the search field and click on Search Mail

To sort on label (folder) "DB2" and Subject "DDL Lookup", type label:DB2 subject:DDL Lookup in the search field and click Search Mail

To get all emails from "Aji", type From:Aji in the search field and click Search Mail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank for the tips on Gmail! I 'll it now.
Au revoir et à bientôt Aji.