Monday, December 1, 2008

CA Intertest (Batch) Tips

If you use CA's Intertest for Batch to debug your batch COBOL programs or stored procedures, read on.

There are a few commands that you use frequently. Set them commands in PFKEYS for ease of use:

STEP 1 - Set steps to go in each run to 1 (I usually set it to PF4)
GO - Run as many steps as described in the STEP command (I usually set it to PF5)
RUN - Run until the next breakpoint (I usually set it to PF6)
KUP - Scroll Up in the Data Display Window (I usually set it to PF17)
KDOWN - Scroll Down in the Data Display Window (I usually set it to PF18)

2 comments:

Brain great said...

Can you provise a tutorial for Intertest Batch?
It will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Kumaresh T said...

I'm really sorry, but I do not have any tutorial for this product. Our shop doesn't even have this product any more. If you contact CA, they'll be able to give you links to soft copies of their manuals.

HTH,
Aji